Azura Amphitheater Rules
To ensure the safety of all patrons and guests, Providence Medical Center Amphitheater has created the following code of conduct and policy guidelines. Please review and follow the rules and policies below as failure to abide by them may result in expulsion from the venue without refund.
If you have any questions, please contact the box office at 913-825-3400.
Providence Medical Center Amphitheater is proud to offer the following ADA-compliant accommodations
- Accessible seating Is available between the reserved seating section and the standing-room-only general admission section
- While pets are not allowed, service animals are welcome. Please call the venue ahead of time so they can make appropriate accommodations for your service animal.
- If you call the venue up to 2 weeks before your ticketed event, you can discuss any further accommodations you require.
For further information, please call 913-825-3400.
For concerts and certain special events, late arrivals may be asked to wait in the halls until an appropriate break period arrives. To avoid frustrations, please arrive no later than 30 minutes before an event’s start time.
Bags larger than 12 x 12 are not allowed in the venue. All bags are subject to search by event staff.
Flash photography, video or audio recording devices, and professional cameras with detachable lenses are strictly prohibited for all performances. Standard or nonprofessional cameras are only allowed if both the venue and artist provides public authorization and will be noted in the program guide or description.
In the event a performance is canceled or rescheduled, The venue will attempt to contact ticket holders as soon as possible. Please call the venue at 913-825-3400 if your event is canceled or rescheduled for information on refunds.
Food and beverage policy
Outside food and beverages are not allowed in the venue.
General Admission Policy
The front-most GA section is standing-room-only. Please do not select this section if you require a chair or want to lounge on a blanket or chair. The lawn GA seating area is better for guests and patrons who want to enjoy the General Admission experience but require seating.
Lost and Found Policy
Lost an item at an event? You can check in with the event staff to see if anything has been returned. You can also email 913-825-3400 after the show. Please be prepared to leave your full name, contact information, and a detailed description of your lost item.
Providence Medical Center Amphitheater does not claim responsibility for your lost possessions.
To keep guests and staff safe, Providence Medical Center Amphitheater has the following specific rules on what is not allowed within the venue.
- No lawn chairs or outdoor furniture
- No tarps or blankets larger than a beach towel
- No outside food
- No recording devices
- No glass or metal containers
- No liquor or drugs
- No noisemakers or laser pointers
- No weapons of any kind
- No vehicles (except those required by the disabled)
- No animals (except service animals)
- No picnic baskets, lunch boxes or coolers
- No radios, tape and video recorders
- No bbq grills
- No umbrellas
- No strollers and/or toys that create a disturbance
- No inflatable furniture
- No selfie sticks or GoPro cameras
- No chain wallets
- No hula hoops, poi or flowtoys
The venue reserves the right to prohibit other items
Smoking of cigarettes, pipes, vapes, or any other smoking paraphernalia is not allowed in the venue or within 300 feet of any entrance.